Skip to main content

Vintage Grunge Cuff/Bracelet And How To Tutorial

Vintage Grunge Cuff/Bracelet And How To Tutorial
Do you like my Vintage Grunge Cuff?  Ohhhhh I love it.  I have been being it all day with a pretty summer dress.  I made a bit of a mess with the flower in that I added Stickles......for my sins!  And it made a bloomin' mess of the flower by making the ink run and now it looks yuckie!!  Grrrrrr

Hello my lovely Loopies, did you enjoy today's weather?  Yeah?  Well, get the good of it, cause its all ending tomorrow AGAIN.  That is if you live in Northern Ireland of course.  Grrrrrrr.  As much as I LOVE living in beautiful Northern Ireland, there are times.........ohhhhhhh...........there are times, I could wring the neck of the weather man......poor Darra from BBC One Newsline!  Ok so I am totally aware its not his fault, and there isn't exactly a Complaints Department for these sorta' things.  But I'm getting completely frustrated with Summers that are grey and soggy wet and its soooooo grey and even puddles are starting to look lake-like!  My cat is starting to sport a bloomin' sopping wet, dirty aul dish cloth look most days now!!!  It is not a good look for her and her wee grumpy face is getting a bit hard to look at .........Nimbus is the only cat I know that has actual expressions that are so obvious.  And I'm fed up looking pasty white and freckle-less!  I look cute with my wee freckles all over my nose and face with my little blonde Pippy Longstockings plaits! Hello!!!!!  Pippy Longstocking Plaits and cute freckles people!!!!  The world is missing out on that look all because there is no bloomin' sun and heat in Northern Ireland.......are you getting my frustration here people??

I could complain and complain (and complain) about the weather here and it won't change a thing.  So enough of my ranting.  Oh by the way..........hubby says we are all nuts (all in good humour and jest of course!)  Yep, I told him about my last post and the replies I had gotten and he laughed his head off and just so happened he needed to run out to the bin to put some bags in the bin.......just at the very second that I was bombarding him with the comments I had received.  I told him he really should know by now that if you dare me to do something, not to do something or challenge me to anything.........its a pretty sure thing that I am going to do "it".  Heehee.  Silly man!

Anywhoodles, enough of my loopiness.  Here's my creation for today's post.  I saw the wonderful Sarah's bracelet on her blog, please click here for Sarah's blog.  It was such a gorgeous bracelet and it inspired me to make my own with the little vintagy, grungy, girlie look.  Thanks for being such an inspiration Sarah.  I love visiting your blog. 
I used Grunge paper (thanks Jean) and used a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  The Grunge papers are held together using 2 eyelets, one on each side....boy I love my Big Bite, lol
On the larger piece of grunge I used Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.  On the top piece I used Spun Sugar and Vintage Rose Glimmer mist.  I added Mod Podge over the grunge paper to make it waterproof.
As I said at the top of my post, my flower WAS beautiful.....before I painted on stickles!  Grrrr!  Ack well, I will know for the next time.  It still turned out ok.  I'm gonna make more of these wee babies for sure.....watch this space....., heehee
Heres ma wee arm doing a little modelling for you whilst my other hand is awkwardly trying to take photos!  I added 2 different gathered laces.  The cuff didn't look just right with one or the other lace, so I sewed them together and its looked really pretty.  I hand sewed the lace onto the cuff with thick thread.

I made this closure for the cuff so it can be worn for any size of wrist. Well, any size accept mine!  I did make the cuff a wee bit too big for my wee wrist but I can tighten it so all is not lost, lol.  I added some felt to the inside of the cuff so it would hide all the sewing and brad backs and be comfortable to wear.
It needs to be tighter around my wrist....just imagine the grunge paper section being tighter, but I love, love, love it.  Its so pretty and vintage looking.
Thats it from me for another wee while folks.  Oh by the way, I will be uploading a tutorial on Youtube on how this was made.  So look out for that.  If you ever want to go to my channel, just do a search on Youtube for..........you guessed it.....Crafty Loops!
AMENDMENT.....IF YOU DON'T WANNA SEARCH YOUTUBE BUT WANNA SEE THE TIMELAPSE TUTORIAL ON HOW I MADE THIS CUFF, PLEASE SEE THE VIDEO BELOW.......I WATCHED IT AGAIN JUST FOR THE MUSIC, LOL.
Toodles Noodles.......Loops xx

If you want, you can buy me a coffee which helps me maintain this blog so I can make bigger and better content, simply click the link below.  No pressure at all, its just if you want to.  Cheers big ears!




Comments

  1. OOH! Lee, this is so beautiful. A gorgeous design, love the pretty details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee! Your cuff-bracelet looks so cool! And yes! I did enjoy the weather :) Spent all day in town, walking :) Hugs, kissinia

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This soooo beautiful Lee. I love the design with that fabulous flower and all the yummy lace.
    Hope the weahter stays fine for a bit longer - you never know they may have got the forecast wrong, it has been known!
    All the best
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Creative. Lovely color. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Creative. Lovely color. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Until I saw it on your arm I didn't know what a grunge was! (lol!)
    It's really quite lovely! So glad you shared with us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea :) Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Crafts - Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Lee, fabulous idea and so pretty gorgeous lace and such an inspirational piece (naughty stickles) but cannot tell
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bracelet. I've never seen a cuff bracelet like this before. Wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my!! This is a gorgeous project, Lee.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is so beautiful lee.gorgeou lace and flower and so pefectly vintage ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful project! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow lee it has been such a long time. I miss you!!!! Your creations on here are just amazing!!!!! Wow such beauty!!!!!! You sure have the talent for this!!!!! way to go my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowww Lee... fabulous cuff..... bet you looked fab wearing it!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful Lee, I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Lee, I LOVE cuffs! Made a couple myself AND wear them, too ;-) Your creation is perfectly romantic with all that fine lace and stunning colours, amazingly beautiful work!!
    irascreacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lee
    A gorgeous and beautiful cuff just all of the work you have put into this and thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful cuff - love the way you have used the grungeboard - it really looks like leather!! And I think the flower looks lovely!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lee lets just get one thing straight - I could never have enough of your Loopyness! your posts are like a ray of sunshine (and lets face it thats the only sunshine we're getting lately!)
    Your cuff is very glam dahlink! Love it and to think its made of paper! looks like leather to me good old Tim!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous cuff bracelet Lee, love the lace. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a very pretty project! The colors are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox and Friends blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful bracelet. Absolutely Stunning. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV or Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooohh, Lee, this is gorgeous!! I love the design and the pretty flower!! The lace is such a beautiful touch...the perfect mixture of romance and grunge!! I made one of these once, no where near as beautiful as yours!! In fact, I think I will go throw it away after seeing this!! You did a fabulous job :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow gorgeous bracelet,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week and good luck.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super bracelet. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  26. that is just stunning!
    Thanks for playing along this week on the Use Your Stuff challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow this is amazing such a beautiful creation. Love your choices of materials and how you have created this perfect piece of jewellery. Thank you for sharing is stunner with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is gorgeous love the colours
    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! This is absolutely stunning! What a fabulous idea ans sooooo beautiful, will pop back in a little while to watch the video =)
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Lee - wow that is absolutely stunning! I did try something much simpler to this but a similar idea a while ago. You have put the idea into my head of trying again at some point lol! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi again just popped back to have a proper read and watch the video, another fab tutorial, thank you for sharing and it's just such a brilliant idea. I bet it looked lovely with your summer dress. The weather was the same here, it was beautiful on wednesday and since then it's been all grey and rainy with thunder and lightning. So far I think we have had about 5 summery days this summer, let's hope we get at least a few more lol
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow!! This is absolutly gorgeous! The lace is so beautiful and I love the flower centre sooo pretty :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our "No Cards, Tags or ATCs" Challenge.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Now aren't you the creative chick! This is so cool! Thanks for sharing with us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful creation tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a pretty creation. So nice to see you enter our challenge this week on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! This is beautiful, you're far too clever!
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  37. that is simply A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!
    I just love your imagination
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow wow wow Lee thats an amazingly gorgeous piece of work...I love it
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Lee, I am so sorry I have got a bit behind with my visiting blogs - I love your cuff, it is so beautiful, I love the lace and you woudln't know the stickles made the ink run on the flower;) I am on holiday in Devon and it has only rained once...it started on Sunday night and hasn't stopped! OMW it's so dismal...oh well onwards and upwards, Bye for now, Hugs, Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Lee, Firstly your flower does not now look yukky, it looks grungy, which is the desired effect surely, it looks distressed. Secondly, I love it, you clever clogs you, It's really pretty and so grunge chic.

    Hugs and Crafty Happiness Jan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wowsers! That is a stunner! Gorgeous work. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  42. I don’t really like cuff bracelets, but this one is wonderful! You just gave me a totally cool idea about what to give my fellow girlfriends. Unfortunately, I don’t have the DIY-ing skills like your design inspired my creativity. Leslie @ Mesa Verde Southwest

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Helloooooo! Anybody out there??!! Hey....there you are! Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by my Blog. Lee x