Skip to main content

Bookbinding tutorial - How to do a 4 hole pamphlet Stitch

Bookbinding tutorial - How to do a 4 hole pamphlet Stitch

Nope this is not a moment of deja-vu.  This is in fact a new pamphlet stitch tutorial, the first being 3 holes and this being 4.  My reasoning for doing the 4 hole stitch is simply because I saw others making junk journals using my previous 3 hole stitch binding system.  And as they were junk journals, they obviously didn't have uniform and perfect sized signatures for the 3 holes.  Some had added small tags, envelopes, wee bits of scrap paper etc.  My concern was that these small pieces would maybe only get one stitch through them which would mean they may come apart and fall out of the journal.  So with the 4 holes, at least 2 stitches would be placed in smaller pieces of paper making this stitch perfect for junk journalling.  You can have the spacing of the sew holes as close or as far apart as you like.  Its up to you.  I wanted quite a large gap between the top stitches and the bottom stitches as I'm planning on adding an embellishment on the spine between the stitches.  Its quite a quick wee video as a lot of the tutorial is similar to the last one, its just the stitch that is a little different.  Links to my previous pamphlet stitch tutorial will be in the videos description box if you watch this on YT.

Enjoy......


Thats your lot for today folks.  I'm busy, busy with wedding stuff for my Brother's Wedding at the moment......its next month.........Ahhhhhhhhhhh!  I may not see the light of day for the next month, lol.  Someone remind me to eat and drink every so often, will you?  Lol.

Toodles Noodles,  Loops xx

If you want, you can buy me a coffee which helps me maintain this blog so I can make bigger and better content, simply click the link below.  No pressure at all, its just if you want to.  Cheers big ears!

https://ko-fi.com/craftyloops

Comments

  1. Woohoo, fabby tutorial Lee, love how fast you made that journal. Waddya mean it was speeded up? Oh, right! You are brilliant at explaining things and I loved the video, and your wee voice :-) I might even have a go! Hope you've been getting some vit D in this fabby sunshine. Love Maddy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear from you. Great tutorial. I would like to ask what kind of paper you used in your tutorial? I have a bunch of cereal boxes that have been calling out, this would be a great project to use them up. Thanks again for sharing. Much love and happy crafting!! <3 <3
    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmie I'm so sorry for only replying to your question now! Silly me. The paper I used in this journal was printer paper I tea dyed myself. It was thicker copier paper. I also used handmade papers that are actually made from recycled clothes!! Isn't that awesome?! Sadly the shop I bought it from no longer stocks it...boohoo. I hope that helps. Lee x

      Delete
  3. Lovely to hear from you. Great tutorial. I would like to ask what kind of paper you used in your tutorial? I have a bunch of cereal boxes that have been calling out, this would be a great project to use them up. Thanks again for sharing. Much love and happy crafting!! <3 <3
    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lee. This is a great video and very helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Helloooooo! Anybody out there??!! Hey....there you are! Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by my Blog. Lee x